Attingham Park (Virtual 2m) Relay Fun Event Instructions
The Attingham Park (Virtual 2m) Relay Fun Event, due to the current world health crisis for 2020, has replaced the 2m relays race held in Attingham Park in May each year.
To keep within the Original Event Theme this Virtual Event will still consist of Teams of 3. Team Categories remain the same (All Men's Team, All Women's Team, Mixed Gender Team, Community Team, Mixed Junior Team or Over the Hill Team) all runners aged over 50)) the details explaining each are provided further below.
This will be a simple event where each team member will just need to time their 2 mile run over any terrain or course of their choosing and then pass the time it took them to run the 2 miles to their Team Captains; Teams Captains can then upload each team runners time online (in the one go). There’s no need to meet up or break any social distancing restrictions. When uploading Teams Times the Team Captain will be asked to confirm all their team members details, Teams Category, Name, etc which allows for any changes to be made up to the point of submitting your Teams 2 mile times.
League Tables will be updated regularly via the events Facebook page. There are no prizes for winning teams, just the Glory. Results will be published to Run Britain (Powerof10) but actual race performances will NOT be uploaded to athlete profiles or used for any rankings/handicap scoring purposes.
The Event will open to run from 15 Jun to 30 Sep 2020 for Teams Captains to submit their times online after which be sent their Teams finisher medals will be sent.
Team Entries to the Attingham Park Relays (Virtual 2m) Relay Event will be £18 per Team of 3. And is limited to 170 Teams.
An option is also available for individuals to join in for £6 each and who will then be virtually partnered up in their own virtual relay team of 3 by the event organiser.
All event proceeds from this event are going to the Lingen Davies Cancer Fund.
Link to Enter the Attingham Park (Virtual 2m) Relay Fun Event:
Additional Virtual Event and Safety Information
- Teams can only be eligible for one team category
- All runners must be aged 15 or when they run to time their 2 mile leg.
- Runners are not permitted to complete more than one leg.
- All athletes aged 17 and under on the day of their 2 mile leg are considered "Juniors" for team purposes
- Mixed teams may consist of either 1 male and 2 female runners or 2 male and 1 female runner
- All runners in a Mixed Junior team must be aged 17 and under on the run day
- Junior runners may be part of any senior teams.
- Community teams may consist of members from the same place of work, non-running club, family or friends, but must not contain more than one affiliated runner or member of a running/athletic club. Mixed gender teams are permitted.
- The Over the Hill team must consist of at least 1 Male or 1 female
- When running your 2 mile leg:
- This can be of a course, levels of incline and terrain of you own choosing.
- For your own and others safety please abide by current exercising restrictions.
- Runners should inform someone of where you are going and to ask them to check on you when you return.
- Runners are strongly encouraged to carry you ICE (in case of emergency) card with their details; and/or advice on any other appropriate arrangements that should be made in the event of an incident.
- There are no prizes for winning teams, just the Glory which will be published to Run Britain, (Powerof10) but actual race performances will NOT be uploaded to athlete profiles or used for any rankings/handicap scoring purposes.
Attingham Park Relays 17 May 2018 Results: