The News Updates
Here you will find all our latest news. This is periodically updated to show the latest advice, guidance and instructions. This currently includes COVID-19 updates.
Please keep checking back as there will be other news updates throughout the year
06/11/22 - Club Update Last Call for Championship Entries
The Club Championship year 2021-22 has now officially ended! The results will be announced at the Christmas Party in December. Your best race times from Nov 1st 2021 to 31st Oct 2022 count- please let us know your best times by the end of Wednesday 9th November for them to be included. The standings as at early October can be viewed here.
Even if you have races in 4 of the qualifying race categories (5k, 10k, half marathon, marathon, 2k time trial and cross country) we will also be celebrating the best performances in each category- so do send in your times.
- Be a fully paid-up club member
- You must have applied to the London Marathon for a 2023 place and been unsuccessful
- You must have 1st claim EA registration with Shropshire Shufflers
- Have not previously had a Shropshire Shufflers Club place at the London Marathon
- If successful, you must apply and pay for your place by 20th December. The place cannot be transferred, and you must run in a club vest
- One place will be reserved for people who have never run the London Marathon, if you have run before you may be considered for the 2nd place.
Monthly Race Report- The busy Autumn race season has continued…..09/10/22 Shrewsbury Half - Congratulations for the 25 Shufflers ran season best times at the Shrewsbury half marathon. Stand out male performances male included Paul Aston(M35) 2nd place overall (1.15.22); Euan Balmer(M45) 20th (1.27.08) and Andrew Wakefield (MSen) 25th (1:30:19), Bill Dargue 1st M65 (1:40), Les Richie 2nd M65 (1:45); Pete Hough 1st M70 (1:42) Iain Day 1st M75 (2:03); Seb Bialys 5th M40 (1:33) and Gary Marsh 5th M60 (1:53). In the women’s race: Jo Pugh 4th overall and 1st F45(1.34.47), Nicola Bishton (FSen) 9th (1:38:34). Kathy Bridgwater 4th F50 (1:56), Helen Jones 5th F55 (2:04) and Jane Magee was 4th F60 (2:36).
A further 6 Shufflers ran the Metric half distance with Sam Ostermeyer (M35) came 5th in 55.15, Chris Clarke 1st M75 and 19th Overall in 1:05 and Tim Abbot 2nd M40 and 20th overall (1:05.) Amy Nodder was 15th female (1.11) and Caroline Cross 19th female (1:13).
7/3/22 - Club Update
08/12/21 - Run leaders guide update
Updated run leaders guide and what we ask runners to consider when attending running sessions
- will use the booking system before attending sessions (please contact a committee member about this if this causes you any difficulties)
- will wear appropriate footwear, hi-viz clothing and not use head torches or bright lights that can cause disruption to other runners when doing turnarounds
- will advise run leaders of any potential injuries and if they have to leave a running session early
28/02/21 - Return of athletics and running roadmap
England Athletics have confirmed that clubs, groups, coaching and competition will be able to return outdoors from 29 March. There is a roadmap detailing what the various stages are, on the website.
Each Stage has been outlined via an infographic available.
Please note, all these dates are subject to the UK Government’s four-step roadmap to ease restrictions across England and the conditions which must be met before the country is able to move from one step to the next.
We would like to remind members that these are NOT BEFORE dates and ask that you continue to follow club guidance to activity